Sunday, June 24, 2012

Current Project and Thoughts

So my current WIP is Stefanie Japel's Shapely Boyfriend, in Sugar 'n Cream. Cotton. I don't know why I thought this would be a good idea, except that it was on sale (4 for $5!) and I'm a poor college student. Clearly, I have a lot to learn about yarn. It feels really nice knitted up, though, and even if it doesn't look exactly the way I want it to, I'll just use it as a cover-up at home or in my dorm room. I'm sure it'll come in handy during the mandatory fire drills and other ridiculous things that will happen on campus in the fall. I definitely know it would have come in handy during last year in Gooch Hall, when mice got into the dorm and tripped the fire alarm three times in one night, right after the other. It was absolutely freezing and rained!

Actually, now that I think about it, maybe cotton wouldn't have helped me out there either. Hm. Well, either way, I totally intend to make another shapely cardigan--this time with wool!--after I finish this one. I'm currently looking into options like Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool, or going to the thrift store when I get back to Williamsburg and snatching up a men's sweater or something.

I've only got six more rows of the ribbing and sleeves left on the cardigan. Then, pictures, because it is midnight right now and taking pictures in the middle of the night is going to do no one any favors.

No comments:

Post a Comment