Monday, August 20, 2012

FO Fashion Show

The countdown to school is almost over! The end of my summer hasn't really been filled with much knitting, but I thought I'd post a compilation of my projects over the summer (or, rather, the pictures of FOs I've finished and talked about but haven't really gotten around to posting!)

My Capucine hat was very easy and quick to knit up.
The tassels and pompoms are my favorite part about it!
This Quick and Thick Ribbed Cowl is for one of my good friends.
The color is perfect for her, but alas, I only had one skein of it,
 not enough to make anything but a cowl. 
Thanks to this Bandana Cowl, I've mastered short rows
much better than my first attempt with my Bow Headband.
The only regret here is that my gauge seems to be a bit off,
and it came out a bit big. 
My Summer Flies shawl is hands down my favorite project
of the summer! It's my first shawl, and I can see why people
love to make these! I only wish I had the means necessary
to block acrylic--while I love this already, it does look like it
needs a bit of blocking. 

And, as a bonus, the results of my DIY day a couple of weeks ago, and a farewell summer fun picture!

My watermark tee! The shirt originally looked a dark
maroon color when I first took it out of the dye, but after
washing it's become more of a purplish-pink. I like the
color, but I wish it had stayed that dark red. I probably
should have soaked it longer. 
Mahjong is one of my favorite games to play. Summer means
bringing out the mahjong set and inviting friends over to play
a few games and hang out, but returning to school means I'll
have to wait until next summer to play once more.
I'm heading back to Williamsburg on Sunday or Monday and classes start on Wednesday, but that doesn't mean I'm going to stop knitting. My goal for the fall is to learn how to knit socks!


1 comment:

  1. Your shirt turned out really cute, and I love the updated blog look! (although you know I loved the old one, too)

    ReplyDelete