Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Summer Flies By

Happy August, everyone! Wow, the summer's almost over. It seems like just last week I was stuffing the last of my clothes into the car and heading home from my first year of college. In a few more weeks, I'll be starting my second year of college and heading back down to Williamsburg! I'm both excited and aprehensive. I'm really excited to see all my friends again, but leaving home again never seems to get any easier.

Well, at any rate, I've got a few more weeks! In the meantime, I'm continuing my quest to use up my stash in order to buy more yarn, and while I was digging through the increasingly meager pile, I discovered a camo-colored skein of Lion Brand Charisma. Um, I'm not sure exactly why I decided to choose this colorway. It's one of those things that is really baffling, especially because I can't think of a single person I'd use this color for anyways.

I did start making the Anthropologie Inspired Braided Headwrap with it, and while the pattern is lovely and I think it would look absolutely yummy in a solid, the headband in the camo colorway was kind of hideous, so I frogged it. Instead, I'm working on the Summer Flies shawl! This is my first shawl, but not my first experience with lacework. Still, I had to tink a few rows because my butterflies ended up with only half a wing, sadly, and my M1s looked strange. I'm making definite progress, however, and loving both the color and the pattern. My camera makes the color look brighter than it actually is, but the pattern seems to be photographing quite well!


No comments:

Post a Comment