Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Socks Socks Socks

I finally, finally, FINALLY finished my socks! They look great! I'm so excited! I can't stop talking with exclamation points!


In all seriousness, however, I am very excited to finally have finished those socks, not only because it's my first pair of socks, but because they were beginning to drive me crazy just sitting there on my desk, almost finished but not quite there. It got so bad that I started two more projects, a Mosey and a  198 Yards of Heaven, in the hopes that my attention would wander back to the socks...and they did!



 I love all the projects I started, of course, but these socks! I don't think I'll start another pair of socks for a while, though. They make great portable knitting, but working with DPNs gives me a lot of grief, sometimes. Also, my gauge seems to have changed halfway through the second sock, and so the heel and gusset stitches I picked up were a bit looser than the ones on my first sock. But looking at the sock, I suppose it's not that big of a problem...it just bothers me because I know.

The more I look at the color, though, the more I'm dissatisfied with it. From a distance, I guess the gray and purple is kind of an okay combination...but I don't know. There's just something about it that makes me want to go and buy a nice skein of coral yarn or something.

Speaking of yarn, I made great use of Knitpicks' Cyber Monday sale! I've got five new skeins of fingering weight heading my way, with my fingers crossed that they'll get here before the end of the semester. (They better show up! That's my airplane knitting for the holidays right there!)

Edited to add in links.

4 comments:

  1. There is also a way you can use the circular needles to make socks, so you might want to look into that.

    Personally, I use a combination of a circular needle and DPNs, but it's kind of wierd.

    Also, awesome socks!!!

    <3, Eli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen it mentioned in passing--with two circular, right? I'll probably look into it more in-depth eventually.

      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. so cuteee~~~ I didnt know you had a blog, mimi :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Danielle~! :D I just started it over the summer, haha. :)

      Delete