Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Black Friday Haul

So, this is a really late post, but I wanted to wait until my Cyber Monday purchases came in so I'd have pictures to show you all. Black Friday is one of my favorite days of the year, mostly because I can spend a lot of money and feel only marginally guilty...because everything's on sale! My friends and I got up relatively late on Friday (around 8:30 AMish) and we first went to Kohl's, which is already pretty cheap.


I bought that dress there for 50% off its original price of about 42 dollars, which I was very happy about. I love dresses, but never really get around to buying them, so it was nice to mix it up and actually obtain a dress.

From there, we went to the mall. One of my friends' favorite stores is Express, which is a store I also love, but can never afford. However, Express was having a 50% off everything until noon sale, and my friend spotted this hi-low skirt and made me try it on.


It's absolutely gorgeous and I'm wearing it right now, actually. It's 72 degrees here in Williamsburg right now, and so I had to take advantage of the weather. It's also a bit windy, so the skirt billows out behind me and makes me feel like a model, haha. I'm so glad I tried the skirt on. It was literally a last-minute purchase...we were standing in line when my friend found it!



I also went to Sephora and bought this nice red-coralish lipstick (The Sephora brand in Jealous). I've been looking for a nice lipstick for practically forever, and I really, really, really adore this one. It wasn't on sale, but I think it was a good purchase regardless.



And lastly, I bought yarn! I absolutely could not resist Knitpicks Cyber Monday sale, and came away with five balls of yarn. I bought 3 balls of Stroll in Wonderland Heather, which is actually a slightly darker blue than I imagined, but a pleasant surprise, and a limited colorway by the name of Heirloom. I was going to use the Heirloom to make a Haruni shawl while I was overseas, but now I can't decide! The blue just reminds me of winter so much and it would be very fitting to work with, but the Heirloom is just so rich and deep and bold. I just can't decide!

No comments:

Post a Comment